Thursday, May 22, 2014

Zoo Trip, End of Year & Summer Reading

We had a blast at Sioux Falls Zoo! Please ask your child what he/she learned at the zoo.



This year we shared many learning opportunities with Mrs. Cavin's class in Atlanta, Georgia. Here are our final collaboration projects. Enjoy!






We have accomplished so much this year!  I am so very proud of every one of my students for working hard to get to where we are today, and we have had a lot of fun along the way.  I would like to thank all of the families for your support and for sharing your child with me.

The students are so excited about summer!  I hate to burst their bubbles, but I am stressing the importance of reading over the summer.  I would like to share this info-graphic about reading. As you can see, reading everyday makes so much difference in children's lives.


Your child learned so much this year.  Please have him/her keep reading!  Here are fun ways to promote summer reading.




http://www.spiritlake.lib.ia.us/patrons/children2/children

I'm happy to inform you that your student has access to hundreds of eBooks using the school's
subscription to www.raz-kids.com. Children can read and listen to books on Raz-Kids and even
record themselves reading. Afterwards they can take a quiz to check for comprehension.
To access your child's assignment, log in at www.raz-kids.com/login/ldegroot0 using the
information below:

Teacher Username: ldegroot0
**NO Password needed

Your child can also keep blogging at http://kidblog.org/MrsDeGrootsClass2013-2014/ 
**Password is abc