Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week 4

Happy Homecoming Week! We had a busy week celebrating school spirit. Go Indians!

Homecoming

or click here to view the slideshow 


Fishing Trip
A huge thanks to DNR & Dickinson County Nature Center for a great fishing trip!


or click here to view the slideshow

Insect Research
We have learned so much about insects. We chose one insect that we wanted to study, and each group worked together to gather information from a book and website. We also created a slide show to share the information with the classmates. Here are our findings.

Ants by Nolan & Kierstin
Ladybugs by Indy & Lauren

Dragonflies by Wes & Jaedyn
Fireflies by Evelyn, Mackenzie & Hayden
Praying Mantises by Solomon, Isaiah, Lucan & Alex
Butterflies by Luke, Racheal, Karlie & Carter

Meet our Student Teacher
My name is Lindsey Scherff and I am a college student from The University of Northern Iowa currently student teaching with Mrs. DeGroot through the second week in October. I have already been thoroughly enjoying my time in her first grade class, the students are awesome! In order for you to get to know me, here is a little bit of background information. I am originally from Fort Dodge, and I come from a family of three sisters. I love the Iowa Hawkeyes, I chose the career path of education because it has been something I have always wanted to do all my life. I have a strong passion for kids, and so once I started pursing my degree in education at UNI I knew I was entering the right profession. After I am finished student teaching with Mrs. DeGroot, I will be moving down the hallway in the school to a third/fourth grade Special Education room for eight more weeks to complete my Special Education endorsement. After I am finished student teaching in December I will begin searching for jobs or substituting. I have no preference of where I would like to teach, except I know I will stay in Iowa to be close to my family. As I mentioned before, I am loving this group of first graders already and I cannot wait to see all of them and myself grow over the next few weeks!